Monwana Lodge's Thai Beef Salad
Summers in South Africa can get very hot, so having a number of tasty, nutritious salads in our arsenal of recipes is always a big hit with guests.
Served as part of the lunch buffet or as a side to accompany another dish – this Thai Beef Salad, courtesy of Monwana Lodge, always goes down well.
- Olive oil for cooking beef fillet strips
- 1.2kg beef fillet (cut into strips)
- 1 Table spoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Garlic clove crushed
- 1 Table spoon Sesame oil
- 1 Table spoon Honey
- 1 Table spoon Fish Sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 200 g cocktail grape tomatoes
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 1 bunch of fresh mint leaves
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 baby gem leaves
- 1 packet Thai noodles of choice
Whisk together lime juice, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, sesame oil and honey
Place the steak strips in bowel and drizzle with half the dressing and seal with plastic cover. Put in fridge over night or at least for 1 hour if in a rush.
Sear pan with olive oil and then stir fry on hot pan the beef strips and sauce. Be careful not to burn and over cook. You would like them to be medium rare and not tough
Leave this to then cool down completely
Mix all fresh salad ingredient together, lightly drizzle and toss the remainder of the sauce with this mix. Add any of your favorite Thai ingredients.
Once beef is cooled toss into chilled salad greens and serve.
Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top if desired